7.27.2017

July eats


Asheville has this amazing vegetarian restaurant called Laughing Seed. When we went a week ago, I ordered the Dragon bowl and a juice. Amazing!
Zucchini noodles, eggplant, quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, and collard greens

Jon ordered the Bison Burger "Loco Moco" Bowl from Epic Foods and I created my own with brown rice, roasted sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cripsy tofu, black beans, and bok choy. 

One afternoon I went to Whole Foods, bough daikon and a baguette and made a vegan bahn mi with pickled vegetables and crispy teriyaki tofu. 

More roasted sweet potatoes and a fried egg

Create-your-own salad with hummus and sprouts 

Lemon garlic spaghetti with roasted brussel sprouts! It's Jon's and my new favorite dinner recipe. 

As unappetizing as it may look, this vegan "quesadilla" was delicious. I spread hummus on the interior of the tortilla to create a creamy texture and put in sauteed kale, tomato and spiced tofu. 
Sealevel City Gourmet is hands-down the best place to go out for a vegan or vegetarian in Wilmington. 
Have meat eater friends? Check out PT's Grill. They have an incredible black bean burger!